A highlight education program at FIRST International Film Festival, FIRST Training Camp is designed to the cultivate the new generation of filmmakers, who will have their directing skills sharpened and their visions broadened.
Each year, FIRST invites internationally recognized filmmakers as tutors and enrolls 10 young Chinese filmmakers to attend shooting workshops. Tutors will preside over tutoring sessions and visit shooting sites, to provide their advice on story creation, directing, and film language during the production of each individual short.
Over the past editions, Michael Andreen (U.S., 2012), Cristiano Borton (Italy, 2013), Peter Newman (U.S., 2014), Shozo Ichiyama (Japan, 2015), Hong-jin Na (South Korea, 2015), Béla Tarr (Hungary, 2017) , Tsai Ming-liang (Malaysia, 2018), and Mohsen Makhmalbaf (Iraq,2019) have graced the FIRST Training Camp and been engaged in thrilling conversations with the participating filmmakers.
- FIRST Training Camp 2020 is open for directors
- 1. Who is from Greater China Areas and Chinese diasporas worldwide.
- 2. Who has directed at least one short film, and has the ability to independently edit films.
- 3. Who has finished the submission process before official deadline.
- 4. Who has never attended FIRST Training Camp before.